What is a REALTOR®?
Not all real estate agents are REALTORS®. A REALTOR® is a member of their local, state and national Associations and is a true professional in the real estate industry. All REALTORS® adhere to the National Association of REALTORS® strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That is why all real estate licensees are NOT the same.
The sale or purchase of a home is one of the most significant events that people will experience in their lifetimes. Why wouldn’t you want to use a REALTOR®?
Why use a REALTOR® when selling your home?
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®:
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market, prices, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties.
- Will market your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Will know when, where and how to best market your property.
- Can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
Why use a REALTOR® when buying your home?
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- Can help you negotiate.
- Can help you determine your buying power.
- Provides guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
The National Association of REALTORS® offers the following online resource to assist you in the home buying and selling process.
www.HouseLogic.com – A homeowner’s single source for information and tools to help you make smart decisions on how to protect, maintain and enhance the value of your home.